Low Fat Coffee Cakes

Low fat coffee cakes are an ideal way to enjoy an old favorite with a clear conscience. Finding a satisfying, guilt-free pleasure is a godsend, especially to those who are becoming more health-conscious. A good online coffee cakes resource will have a wide selection of some of the world's best coffee cakes and gourmet gifts, including those on the lighter side.

Low fat coffee cakes are great to keep on hand to serve neighbors, family, and friends who drop by. It's so nice to have something delicious and welcoming to serve, no matter what the occasion. Just fix a pot of coffee, and any occasion can turn into a celebration.

Low Fat Coffee Cakes Are Lean and Delicious

Low fat coffee cakes make excellent gifts, and don't add to the holiday pounds. So many people make a mad dash during the holiday season, searching for unique items for everyone on their lists, without trying to break the bank. It's good to remember that everyone loves the gift of warmth and welcome, and a good online coffee cakes resource can take care of any list in one fell swoop.

The first step in taking better care of ourselves can be as …

Mercury Toxicity and Its Many Faces

The Rise of Mercury Awareness

When describing mercury toxicity, one well-known phrase creates a vision of one of its many faces.

“Mad as a hatter. “

You might think the phrase was coined by Lewis Carroll in his 1865 release of Alice in Wonderland, but actually “mad as a hatter” originated because of mercury toxicity and felt hats, like the top hat.

Beaver fur with its serrated edges, easily mats into felt fabric, but hatters treated less expensive furs, like rabbit, with mercury nitrate to roughen them and make the fur fibers more easily mat into felt. Later in the process, hats were steamed, vaporizing the mercury, a process that released it into the air and consequently into the hatter’s lungs.

Accumulations of the heavy metal caused kidney and brain damage. Hatters displayed both physical and mental symptoms of mercury toxicity including tremors (hatter’s shakes), loss of coordination, slurred speech, irritability, loss of memory, and depression. This condition was called “the mad hatter syndrome”.

Although hatters no longer use mercury, mad hatter syndrome is still a common description of the symptoms of mercury toxicity and mercury is still widely used today in the manufacture of many common products.

  • Thermometers
  • Barometers

The Benefits of Aloe Vera | Jash Botanicals

The Egyptians described aloe vera as the “plant of immortality” and incorporated it into their funeral offerings and was often buried with the pharaohs. In the last ten years, medical research has corroborated and broadened many of the health claims for these dagger-shaped leaves.

This wonderful “potted physician” as it is sometimes called made its way from Africa to North America in the sixteenth century. We are talking about aloe vera, in case you have not figured it out yet. The name aloe vera actually means “shining bitter substance,” and was highly regarded as a master healing plant long before it came to us.

 

The leaf of the aloe vera plant is filled with gel, comprised of 96% water with the remaining 4% containing 75 known compounds. It is utilized topically to treat wounds, consumed as a liquid and is even taken in capsule form. However, aloe’s notoriety frequently stops short with its common usage as a topical burn therapy—but if you read on, you might be surprised at the extent of aloe’s medicinal capacity.


Aloe and Your Skin

When used for wounds, aloe vera gel is a gentle anesthetic that alleviates itching, swelling, and pain. In addition, it is